Skip to main content

MY TOP 5 FAVOURITE AUTHORS - #TheBookBlogTrain

If you ask the readers about their favourite authors, they will probably will give you a long list of them which they adore and additionally, will pressurize you to read their works!
It was difficult for me to select the top 5, as the authors i have read till now are mind blowing and I can't be partial to them. But, I have to do it so here it is..

5 authors that have proven most influential to my growth in becoming both a better reader and also a better person :

1. A.A. Milne

Trust me, everyone has started reading with the animated characters and so have I. The first book, by which i have started reading was "Winnie the Pooh" ! It was a series of 16 books which I have read in my school library and all those beautiful illustrations, story has my heart and it encouraged me to read more books and eventually, I became an avid reader.


2. Enid Blyton

Enid Blyton's books have a refreshing feeling all around. She will engage the readers in such a way that you have to read the books in one sitting only, no matter what. All those Famous Five series, Barney mysteries, Noddy are one of her best works I have ever read. And the most adored book was "The Land of Far-Beyond". It's an emotional story and gives a new perspective to life.


3. Nicholas Sparks

For me, He's one of the most romantic writers in this era. He will make you the most happiest person and the crying mess at the same time. "A Walk to Remember", "The Notebook", "Message in a bottle", "The Last Song" are some of his amazing works I have read and all of them have a message in the end that will give your thought new direction.


4. John Green

A new age author again, who pens some lovely and charismatic books. Every book of his have an element surprise in it which will persuade you to think out of the box. His books like Looking for Alaska, The Fault in our Stars, Turtle all the way down are commercially acclaimed and loved by all the readers.


5. Sudeep Nagarkar

Last but, not the least! An indian author. His debut novel "Few Things Left Unsaid" came in 2011 which was based on his real life. The way his journey has started, from a 9 to 5 employee to a full time writer is commendable. His works are generally in romance genre. What I like about his writings is that, they have a theme of friendship, true love and trust in relationship which is important now for a generation like us. He has written 10 novels till now, some of them are It started with a friend request, All rights reserved for you, Our story has no filter are critically and commercially acclaimed. 



So, these are my favourite authors. If you have read any of them, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. 
Thank You and Have a nice day! :)



This article is written as a part of #Thebookblogtrain conducted by Vidhya Thakkar andSiddhi Palande powered by Rupa Publishers and Tea Treasure should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger. Hosts are not responsible for any infringement caused.

#TheBookBlogTrain





Comments

  1. I have read a walk to remember ! It was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enid Blyton is my fav from school days too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally loved her books, the way she wrote them, it engaged the readers till end of it! :)

      Delete
  3. I read Enid blyton for the first time for a read and grow contest held in our city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! I have also read and watched many series of "Winnie the Pooh".And At that time Pooh was my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never watched the cartoon, I read them in books only! :( How awful of me!

      Delete
  5. I need to read Enid Blyton and A.A.Milne books.I love the Pooh

    ReplyDelete
  6. John Green and Enid Blyton is love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicholas Sparks is my favorite too :) Would like to read other authors. Thanks for introducing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my favourites! You should definitely go for it, all of the books by them are amazing! :)

      Delete
  8. enid blyton and jon green are my fav too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we have many fans here of Enid Blyton and John Green! Happy to know about it.

      Delete
  9. Apart from Sudeep Nagarkar... Agree with all other names. Cant comment on Nagarkar since I havent read any of his books...have been mostly put off by the names of the books.. But I guess we should never judge a book by its cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand your pov. I was totally judging his books because of that long cheesy titles, but finally my friend coaxed me to atleast try to read them, and I was surprised! His books always gives a reality check that totally change your mindset.

      Delete
  10. I am looking forward to read Sudeep Nagarkar books very soon. -Maya Bhat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should surely read them, they are worth the read!

      Delete
  11. I have yet to read A A Milne but other authors are really good.
    www.preetispanorama.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try to read his books! It's worth your time! :)

      Delete
  12. I've always loved books by Nicholas Spark

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could not resist commenting. Perfectly written.i have been surfing online more than 2 hours lately. But I did not find any attention-grabbing articles like yours. Personally if all site owners and bloggers made just write content just like your then the web will be helpful ever before. Everyone loves what you guys are doing. This kind of clever work and reporting/blog. Please keep up the great work, I have added you guys to our blog. Books, Books reviews, Kids books, Kids health-food tips & guide, Kids technology, kids toys, Books writing guides & tips, Books technology, Top Picks & Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite books by Penguin India - #TheBookBlogTrain

Hello Friends! Yes. I am again the part of #TheBookBlogTrain. Season 1 was damn good. I started my journey of writing blogs from there and it was obvious for me to return to the base and participate in Season 2 as well! :) Here, you can read my Season 1 blog - " Top 5 favorite authors"  https://bookishthings2009.blogspot.com/2019/03/my-top-5-favourite-authors.html And here I go! Books play an important role in readers life. It changes one's perspective about life, about own self. They will expand your mind and may change your way to live. I am reading books since Class 3 and now, it's a practise that I follow religiously. It was difficult for me to select most favorite books as I love all of them. But, I have to do it, so here they are... 5 favorite books from Penguin India are : 1. THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS - ARUNDHATI ROY This was the first book I have ever read of her. My friends recommended read this to me and I'm glad they did. T he book is

Monsoon Cravings ~ Rain Special Blog #BirthdayBlogTrain

Monsoon is one such season which is loved by everyone. Fresh air, breezy days, cloudy skies and muddy aroma. And as the dark clouds roll in, we got some enormous cravings as well. So, lets relish some delicious delicacies from kitchens across the country which are loved by everyone... Kachori-Jalebi Deep-fried, carbs...the kachori and jalebi are guilty on all counts. The kachori filling varies - onion, green peas, a spicy lentil or potato mix are some favourites in North India. And the jalebi - a fried syrupy snack - hot and crispy from kadhai, is a perfect ending to kachori indulgence. Bhutta   Monsoons are incomplete without getting caught in the rain and relishing some charcoal roasted bhutta with a drizzle of salt and lime. The crunch of that will make the perfect and comfortable setting on windy and rainy days. Garam adrak chai Nothing is more typically monsoon than rain soaked hair and kadak chai w

A Letter to my Bookstagram ~ #TheBookBlogTrain

"And suddenly you know... it's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings." Dear theintrovertbibliophile, It's been exactly 4 months today since we are together and I'm glad you came into my life like a surprise and the journey has been amazing since then. You know, I am reading books for a very long time but never had anyone to discuss them, how one feels whenever they finish some book and had no idea what to do next! But then, I stumbled upon some bookish profiles which gave me a boost up of why not to make one separate bookish account..! After learning a bit about bookstagram, you finally came into existence on Jan 28, 2019 and since then,  there was no looking back. We made many bibliophile friends, you introduced me to the new books, authors, various book clubs, buddy reading and yes, giveaways  which just made me so happy and exhilarated. In short, you introduced me to a whole new world! 😍😍  Though sometimes, you