Skip to main content

Developing Reading Habits In Students ~ #DecemberDelights

Hola people! A very Merry Christmas in advance to all! 🎅




Holiday season is fast approaching and December promises a whole lot of festive fun with Christmas and New Year celebrations happening at the same. There is no better time than the present to start planning for the upcoming holiday season.

Coming to the blog, I really have no idea when I inculcated the habit of reading. One day randomly I visited my school library, picked up a book of Enid Blyton and started reading it. Though the period was of only 30 mins, but those 30 mins turned my world upside down. I daily spent 1 hour there in library and started reading random books and finally got addicted to it. I have now my own bookshelf with lots and lots and lots of books! 😏

I have no clues that how one can develop habit in a person. But here's my take on it.




"Training a baby by the book is a good idea, only you need a different book for each baby".
                                                                                                                ~ Dan Bennet




Books play a very important part in our life. They act as the guides who guide us, inspire us, warn us and keep us on the right path. A book is a permanent companion and a good book inspires us to noble actions. But the strange thing is that our present generation has not developed its reading habits. Some have the idea that the library is a storehouse of storybooks; some think that when everything is available on the Internet, why go to the library and waste time? But friends, is there any joy, any pleasure in searching for information on the internet?

To be a lover of books, though not a bookworm, is a good thing. Teachers and parents have to be co-sponsors and co-educators in this very vital area of nurturing reading habits among school going children. The primary is the stage when the child is keen and interested to know more about the environment around him. Therefore, we have to create reading habits among children from childhood only.

Book exhibitions play an important role in furnishing several information regarding books, their quality etc. Whenever you want to give some reward for good things done, it should be in the form of a book. This not only reminds him of his achievements, but that particular book becomes his valuable gift for life. In short, if we give the right book to the right reader at the right time, it will change his life forever.

In the end, I would like to quote from Mann ~ "A house without books is like a room without windows. No man has a right to bring up his children without surrounding them with books". 

Children learn to read by being in the presence of books. The love for knowledge comes with reading and grows with it.



"This post is part of #DecemberDelights by Vidhya Thakkar and Rupa Publishers should not be repurposed, republished or used otherwise. The content herein is owned by the blogger. Hosts are not responsible for any infringement caused.”

Comments

  1. Totally agree with you. Parents and teacher both play a vital role in order to make children read !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So loved the quote! ! Sums up everything precisely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you completely.. I am an avid reader and I am trying to inculcate the love for reading in my son too. You have to make an effort, sit your child and read at least one book a day
    #DecemberDelight

    REPLYDELETE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its really important for them. You know i somehow inculcated this habit from my father only. He used to have huge collection of hindi and english books in a drawer and i daily used to open it, but obviously didn't understand a single thing. :D

      Delete
  4. True, students need to inculcate the habbit of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said and I agree with you completely. A reading habit must be inculcated in a child from the youngest possible age. And children should also see their parents reading- that helps!
    Noor Anand Chawla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such kind words. Glad you liked it! :)

      Delete
  6. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! I agree with you that a reading habit should be inculcated as early as possible, because it will open doors one didn't even know existed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely loved reading this post!

    ReplyDelete


  8. How many times have you wondered if there was an easier way to get cash back on your purchases? Maybe you are wondering how you would get all the things done on your daily to-do list, maybe that’s why you’re reading this article. Fortunately, there are a few ways to make this happen and make it easy for you to get cash back near me on things you already buy, such as groceries and gas.
    Cash backnear me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite books by Penguin India - #TheBookBlogTrain

Hello Friends! Yes. I am again the part of #TheBookBlogTrain. Season 1 was damn good. I started my journey of writing blogs from there and it was obvious for me to return to the base and participate in Season 2 as well! :) Here, you can read my Season 1 blog - " Top 5 favorite authors"  https://bookishthings2009.blogspot.com/2019/03/my-top-5-favourite-authors.html And here I go! Books play an important role in readers life. It changes one's perspective about life, about own self. They will expand your mind and may change your way to live. I am reading books since Class 3 and now, it's a practise that I follow religiously. It was difficult for me to select most favorite books as I love all of them. But, I have to do it, so here they are... 5 favorite books from Penguin India are : 1. THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS - ARUNDHATI ROY This was the first book I have ever read of her. My friends recommended read this to me and I'm glad they did. T he book is

Monsoon Cravings ~ Rain Special Blog #BirthdayBlogTrain

Monsoon is one such season which is loved by everyone. Fresh air, breezy days, cloudy skies and muddy aroma. And as the dark clouds roll in, we got some enormous cravings as well. So, lets relish some delicious delicacies from kitchens across the country which are loved by everyone... Kachori-Jalebi Deep-fried, carbs...the kachori and jalebi are guilty on all counts. The kachori filling varies - onion, green peas, a spicy lentil or potato mix are some favourites in North India. And the jalebi - a fried syrupy snack - hot and crispy from kadhai, is a perfect ending to kachori indulgence. Bhutta   Monsoons are incomplete without getting caught in the rain and relishing some charcoal roasted bhutta with a drizzle of salt and lime. The crunch of that will make the perfect and comfortable setting on windy and rainy days. Garam adrak chai Nothing is more typically monsoon than rain soaked hair and kadak chai w

A Letter to my Bookstagram ~ #TheBookBlogTrain

"And suddenly you know... it's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings." Dear theintrovertbibliophile, It's been exactly 4 months today since we are together and I'm glad you came into my life like a surprise and the journey has been amazing since then. You know, I am reading books for a very long time but never had anyone to discuss them, how one feels whenever they finish some book and had no idea what to do next! But then, I stumbled upon some bookish profiles which gave me a boost up of why not to make one separate bookish account..! After learning a bit about bookstagram, you finally came into existence on Jan 28, 2019 and since then,  there was no looking back. We made many bibliophile friends, you introduced me to the new books, authors, various book clubs, buddy reading and yes, giveaways  which just made me so happy and exhilarated. In short, you introduced me to a whole new world! 😍😍  Though sometimes, you